MJ Rees has experienced staff who work with the Faro Focus 3D laser scanner and SCENE 3D laser scanner software, specifically designed for this scanner, however we are not limited to this. MJ Rees can use and work with all major brands of laser-scanner and software.
The FARO Focus is a high-speed Terrestrial Laser Scanner (TLS) offering the most efficient method for 3D measurement and 3D image documentation. In very short periods of time, this 3D laser scanner produces dense point clouds containing millions of points that provide incredibly detailed 3D colour models of large scale geometries.
It is a fast, precise and cost effective method for creating 3D drawings and models.
It could be used in places where direct access is restricted or not possible.
There are a wide variety of uses for 3D laser scanning, including:
- Planning and early design stages
- Topographic surveys
- Right to Light reports
- Bridges, roads, tunnels, quarries and railways
- Detailed elevation surveys
- Historic buildings
- Data collection for integration with Building Information Modelling
- Measured building surveys
- As-built surveys for engineering and construction projects
- Volume surveys
- Monitoring land deformation
- Archaeological sites
- Post-construction scans for Facility Management